Insurance for Dieticians in Australia

While you take care of people’s health, Sparrow Insurance takes care of you!

As a dietitian, you help people with advice on their food intake, considering nutritional content that fits their needs. Whilst most clients would take your advice and enjoy excellent results, some might misinterpret the information or experience unexpected reactions which can escalate to possible legal claims of negligence.

Such a situation makes it vital in your profession to hold an insurance policy to protect yourself.

Insurance Coverage for Dieticians

In protecting yourself and your business against the financial burdens from untoward incidents, consider combining professional indemnity with public and products liability insurance packages.

is designed to protect your business from claims arising whilst you’re providing professional advice or services. Professional indemnity insurance can also assist you with the legal defence, compensation, and settlement costs associated with the claims.

As a business owner, you are liable for any third-party injury or damage arising from conducting your business. Public liability policy may cover incidents like slips and falls within the premises of your beauty salon.

Part of running and operating businesses is to sell or supply products. This protects you from any personal injury or damage caused by your goods. If a client makes a claim against you for developing an irritation, this policy may cover the compensation costs.

Other Business Insurance Products for Dieticians

Risks for Dieticians and the entire health industry are not only related to practice but to business operations as well. Get covered by other business insurance on top of the above-mentioned policies. These policies below are a recommendation only and are subject to a review of your specific requirements.

Management Liability

is specifically for private companies and covers claims of wrongful management, employment practices breaches (wrongful dismissal or discrimination actions), crime (theft by employees or third parties), tax audit, and statutory fines and penalties.

Business Insurance

This protects your business, covering equipment and property damage from accidents, losses due to theft, fire, glass but not limited to. You may also want to consider Business interruption, for the potential loss of income, under certain sections of the business policy.

Cyber Insurance

If you maintain a website or a digital record of your customers’ personal information, especially online, you are at risk of a data breach. This policy covers you from data theft.

Tax Audit Insurance

Whether you run a small or large business or work as a contractor. This coverage will cover your business for tax auditing by the ATO.

Workers’ compensation is a vital protection to help cover costs related to an injured employee during business hours.

Personal Accident and Illness Insurance

This insurance is for every individual who is taking the time to recover from an injury or illness and unable to work.

Get in Touch with Sparrow Insurance

Business insurance for dieticians can be overwhelming on your end, but we’ll help you get through it with insights so you can be more confident with the right type of cover for your business.

Get a comprehensive review or request insurance quotes online now.


1. How much does this insurance cost?

The cost depends on the level of cover you want to get and the business type and service you offer.

2. How do I apply for this insurance plan?

Talk to us through the Contact Us page or give us a call (07) 550 28326. We can proceed with the initial consultation, where we can assess your business operations. From there, our trusted insurance brokers can present to you several packages to choose from.

3. Is there a fee for additional coverage?

Extras in insurance cover come with additional fees.

4. Does my insurance cover when conducting home visits?

If you visit someone’s home as part of your business services, you’re still at risk of accidents. Professional indemnity / Medical Malpractice policy and public and products liability may help cover your home service setup. Sparrow Insurance highly recommends a chat with one of the team to review your risks and requirements.

5. Why might I need run-off cover?

If you sell your business or close down or simply retire, you could still encounter claims from when you were still in business. Contact our team at Sparrow Insurance to know more about this policy.